The bible in John 14:18 says “be still and know I am with you be still I am the lord I will not leave you orphans or the comfortless.”
I will not leave you as orphans, meaning that God would not abandon you when you face tribulations. Even when there is no hope, Jesus will never leave nor forsake you.
The helper Jesus spoke of in John 14:18 is the holy spirit. In this scripture, Christ promises the holy spirit that will guide you.
An orphan is someone whose mother or father is not available to cater to his or her needs. They are people who are vulnerable because of the lack of an adequate support system. Orphans feel hopeless, forsaken and abandoned. In summary, they feel alone in this world.
Understanding I Will Not Leave You as Orphans Sermon
Sometimes in life, you may feel like giving up is the best option. Your challenges may overwhelm to the roof. The worst reality is that your friends and families may abandon you.
As a Christian, you may have lost trust in the ability of God’s guidance. Praying and studying the scripture has become a herculean task. It doesn’t seem to make much sense.
At this crossroad of your life, do not despair because the power of the holy spirit can help and comfort you. Only the creator has the solution to your problems. He can also feel and relate to your pain.
Jesus loves you when no one else could.
God never abandons believers when they are facing tough times. Though, it may seem like God is not aware of your difficulties. Contrary to what you may think. God will never leave nor forsake you because of the fact his your anchor (Psalm 91:1-16).
The hand of God is closer to you than you may think. The holy spirit as intercessor teaches us how to pray and know the truth. The comforter is always available to walk you through your tough times.
- The holy spirit is our teacher.
- The holy spirit will teach you all truth.
- Let no man teach you: but the holy spirit.
- The holy spirit will teach you what to pray.
Operation of The Holy Spirit
The Righteousness of God
It is by the righteousness of God that you get delivered from captivity. The holy spirit has to dwell inside of you for you to overcome your challenges.
Hearing God’s voice and walking in divine guidance is the key to overcome and live a purposeful life. Today, you must surrender your life to Jesus. Ask God to take over your life for his spirit to dwell inside of you.
The Supernatural Nature of God
The supernatural nature of God is a genuine love for humanity. He loves you to the fullest irrespective of your flaws (John 3:16). According to Isaiah 49:15, the love of God is unconditional. Despite love, a woman may abandon her infant child, but God will never leave us alone.
- Jesus Christ will not leave you comfortless.
- The knowledge of God’s love will take away your fear and doubts.
- The lord will never change or go back on his promise.
- Only with Jesus that everything can be under control.
- God is a does not break his covenant.
- The presence of God is the supernatural power you need to succeed.
I Will Not Leave You Comfortless Book
- The Purpose Driven Life: What on Earth Am I Here for? by Rick Warren
- Battlefield of the Mind by Joyce Meyer
- Better Decisions, Fewer Regrets by Andy Stanley
- Boundaries Workbook: When to Say Yes, How to Say No to Take Control of Your Life by Henry Cloud and John Townsend
- Quiet Times with God Devotional: 365 Daily Inspirations by Joyce Meyer
- Forward: Discovering God’s Presence and Purpose in Your Tomorrow by David Jeremiah by Norman Vincent Peale
- Dream Big by Bob Goff
- The Road Back to You An Enneagram Journey to Self-Discovery by Ian Morgan Cron
- I Will Not Leave You Comfortless: A Memoir by Jeremy Jackson
- Do It Afraid: Embracing Courage in the Face of Fear by Joyce Meyer
Bible Verses About I Will Not Leave You Comfortless
The following are scriptures on I will not leave you orphans: I will send the holy spirit.
- John 14:18 – Jesus will never leave you alone.
- Isaiah 49:24-26 – God delivers and grants freedom from captivity. Also, he will fight against your enemies.
- Psalm 89:34-36 – God will never break his covenant that he will not leave the orphans.
- Isaiah 49:15 – God will never forget you.
- Psalm 46:9-11 – The Lord is your refuge; in him, you find complete peace.
- Psalm 121:1-8 – The Lord is our help.
- Psalm 91:1-16 – God gives protection to believers.
Prayer Points for Divine Help and Assistance
- Father, I pray that you fill me with the holy spirit.
- In the name of Jesus, let grace speak for me every day of my life.
- Father, comfort me in my health, marriage, finance, academics, etc.
- Oh Lord, I pray that you comfort me in every aspect of my life.
- Jesus, take away anything that would hinder you from comforting me.
- Lord show me the way to my breakthrough.
- I pray for divine guidance and intervention.
I Will Not Leave You Comfortless Song and Anthem
You May Also Like:
- How to Hear from God
- See Why Sometimes Giving Up Is the Best Option
- Requirements and Hindrances to Divine Settlement
- The Way to The Top for Christians
- How to Access Divine Guidance and The Benefits of God’s Direction
- Walking in Spiritual Authority and Divine Ability
- How to Build a Godly Relationship Before Marriage